Home > Programs > Education
For more information about Operation Smile medical education programs, please visit, www.operationsmile.org/education/.
- Operation Smile Jordan invests in medical education and training opportunities that promote sustainability and self-sufficiency throughout the region.
- Operation Smile Jordan medical volunteers participate in hands-on training and attend lectures during each international medical mission.
- A variety of educational opportunities are provided during a mission, from a formal medical conference to an informal workshop on a specific skill or technique.
- Educational programs address the medical specialties of: surgery, anesthesia, nursing, biomedical technology, speech pathology, dentistry, and child life specialty.
- At times, the education mission or program will include a “Guest Educator” who is internationally recognized in their field.
- During a typical mission-based education program, as many as 100 in-country healthcare workers benefit.
- Operation Smile Jordan provides hands-on medical education opportunities for visiting Iraqi and Palestinian medical professionals.
- Operation Smile Jordan offers a variety of medical education programs at the Operation Smile Jordan Training Center.
- Operation Smile Jordan sends physicians to the annual Operation Smile Physicians' Training Program (PTP) - held at Operation Smile’s headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia, USA. PTP brings doctors from around the world together for training in their respective specialties.
- Operation Smile Jordan is a certified American Heart Association life support training center. The Roma Downey Life Support Training Center provides medical professionals with Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) training in accordance with Operation Smile’s International Training Organization accreditation with the American Heart Association.