Home > About Us > Quick Facts
- Operation Smile Jordan is honored to operate under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, the Honorary Chairperson.
- Approximately 1 in every 700 babies in Jordan is born with a cleft lip and/or cleft palate or other type of facial deformity.
- Children with facial deformities who do not receive reconstructive surgery often have difficulty breathing, drinking, eating and speaking. As a result, many suffer from malnutrition, medical and psychological problems.
- In as little as 45 minutes, one cleft lip surgery can change a child's life forever.
- It costs as little as JD450 to repair a cleft lip.
- Operation Smile Jordan has treated more than 1700 children since 2004.
- There are more than 350 Operation Smile Jordan Student Volunteers
- Since 1982, Operation Smile has provided more than 2 million healthcare evaluations and conducted over 200,000 free surgical procedures for children and young adults with facial deformities. Today, hundreds of children still need our help.
- Operation Smile has medical volunteers from over 72 countries.
- Operation Smile Jordan is a certified American Heart Association life support training center offering Basic Life Support Training, Advanced Cardiac Life Support Training and Pediatric Advanced Life Support Training to Medical Professionals and CPR training to community members
- Operation Smile Jordan’s Speech Pathology Clinic offers year-round speech therapy consultations by a team of certified speech pathologists.